|Alternative reference number||NLB/2 p212-213|
|Title||Copy letter from Herbert Rix, to Professor Michael Foster [Royal Society]|
|Date||10 May 1888|
|Description||Sends his hopes that Foster has recovered, and asks if he can discuss business matters of the Royal Society.|
1. Professor Edward Albert Schafer's report on page seventy of the Government Grant book is apparently intended to be also be an application, and Rix supposes that as it was received before 31 March and was printed and circulated, it will be dealt with by the Committee despite not being properly registered.
2. Asks about arrangements for the Croonian, including a question from Mr Beristow. Rix also asks if there will be tickets, and how many proofs of the paper should he print.
3. The summonses to the next Council meeting ordered by the President will be posted tomorrow, and Rix lists items on the agenda card.
4. There may be a Delta Committee meeting at 3pm on Wednesday to consider the War Office report that has gone to Professor John Wesley Judd.
5. Dr Robert Lendlmayer von Lendenfeld refuses to pay Collings for the woodcuts until the committee have approved them, and Rix asks if he should send them to Foster for approval.
6. Brown & Schafer's plates have gone to Cambridge for estimate.
Fellows associated with this archive
|NA8017||Sharpey-Schafer; Sir; Edward Albert (1850 - 1935)||1850 - 1935|
|NA6461||Judd; John Wesley (1840 - 1916)||1840 - 1916|
|NA8220||Foster; Sir; Michael (1836 - 1907); Physiologist||1836 - 1907|