|Title||Referees' reports: volume 70, peer reviews of scientific papers submitted to the Royal Society for publication|
|Description||Containing referee's reports arranged alphabetically by the lead author of the paper submitted to the Royal Society for review in 1947.|
Notable referees and authors include Ronald George Wreyford Norrish, Max Born and Douglas Rayner Hartree.
When report is on a standardised form (E), the questions are:
1. Whether or not the paper should be read before the Society
2. Whether the paper contains contributions to knowledge of sufficient scientific interest for the space required
3. Whether any portions or illustrations of the paper are redundant
4. Whether it should be published by the Society
5. Whether it should be published in 'Philosophical Transactions' or 'Proceedings'
6.Whether it could be published by some other body
7. General remarks
|Extent||One box comprising 248 reports|
|Physical description||Loose paper in folders|
|Digital images||View item on Science in the Making|