|Papers, Odd leaves of manuscript labelled 'imperfect' by Edmond Halley
- mathematical figures
- 'discourse of the Rule of the decrease of the hight of the Mercury in the Barometer according to the places and elevated above the surface of the earth...'
- 'The Elastick Properties of the Air have been long since made out by Experiment.....'
- 'Hence the terms of any ratio being a and b, q becomes b....'
- other mathematical papers in Latin
- concerning the eclipses of the Jupiter's satellites
- one page has note 'This is Sturm 1686'
Subject: Mathematics, Astronomy, Physics, Meteorology
|Ink on paper
|View item on Science in the Making
'Discourse of the Rule of the decrease of the hight of the Mercury in the Barometer according to the places and elevated above the surface of the earth...' printed in the Philosophical Transactions volume 16 issue 181 (1687)
Fellows associated with this archive
|Halley; Edmond (1656 - 1742); astronomer
|1656 - 1742