|Description||Donations to the Royal Society Repository, classified and with a preliminary classification scheme. Based upon the earlier printed catalogue by Nehemiah Grew, ' Musaeum Regalis Societatis; or, A catalogue and description of the natural and artificial rarities belonging to the Royal Society, and preserved at Gresham Colledg...' and utilising text and illustration cuttings from a copy of that book. |
1. A general plan of the system of classification.
2. Human rarities - corresponding to Grew's Section 1.
3. Quadrupeds - corresponding to Grew's Section 2 of Part 1. Divided into 34 Genera.
4. Serpents - corresponding to Grew's Section 3 of Part 1. Divided into 11 Genera.
5. Birds - corresponding to Grew's Section 4 of Part 1. Divided into 48 Genera, and in addition eggs (49), Nests (50), & Miscellaneous things (51).
With a typed paper label on the front cover: 'MS CATALOGUE C' and corresponding labels to each section.