|Title||Requests for historical / biographical information.|
|Description||With the exception of the last item, all of Blackett's replies are very brief|
1. with Robert L Weber re 'Jocular Physics'
2. with RS Shankland re his introduction to the collected papers of A.H. Compton
3. with W. Archibald re Allen House
4. with editors of 'Sunday Times re profile of Lord Snow and re World War II bombing offensive
5. with N Cameron re the involvement of British scientists in World War II.
6. from JG Crowther re his book on the Cavendish Laboratory
7. with Margaret Gowing re her book 'Independence and Deterrence'
8. with M.J. Williams re operational research
9. ith B.H. Miller re his proposed biography of Leo Szilard
10. with Walter Sullivan re the theory of continental drift. Blackett sent 2pp of typescript notes on the development of his scientific interests
|Related material||See also J.97|
Fellows associated with this archive
|NA5966||Gowing; Margaret Mary (1921 - 1998)||1921 - 1998|